Pages

Friday 4 January 2013

HI everyone!
I hope you are all doing well :)  sorry I haven't written yet

I arrived in Siem Reap,Cambodia on December 26 at 11pm-ish.  I was there for a couple of days--and while we were there I got to see the Angkor Wat Temples!!! IT is free to go see them after 5:30 until it gets dark, so we had 45mins-ish to explore :)
WE took a taxi to the YWAM base in Battambang on the Friday.....?  something like that anyway.  :)  
this is the building i'm staying in:
IT'S the Youth Centre here--where they teach English classes, Art classes, French classes, etc...

I'm really enjoying Cambodia! I may never come back  ;P
we got bikes here--but it is really scary biking! the traffic is CRAZY!  but it definitely makes each time we go out exciting  :)
I'm really not sure what to tell you all.......

we started classes this week, but it has all been introductory stuff and explaining what YWAM is, the history, values, the rules of the school, etc......
Next week we will really get into the classes, and us non-Khmer speaking people will take language classes. I am so excited for language classes!!  it will make trips to the market easier--as well as Communicating with classmates, and my room mates :)

our day pretty much looks like this:
5:30 - wake up (Just from the noise of the city)
6:30 - get up
7:30 - breakfast (**I Really like the food here! It is like my mom's food :)  )
8:00-12         - class
12:30 - lunch
12:30-2:00 - free time/nap time
2:00 - afternoon class
**so far the afternoon class has been until 6pm, but the normal schedule will be class until 4pm, then work duty until 6pm
6:30 - supper
**after supper we will have worship meetings or free time, or other stuff

:) I miss you all very much, but I am really enjoying it here :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's so exciting to hear that you made it safe and that you're enjoying it so much. We didn't know that you were going to be taking language classes while you were there.
    -Caleb and Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rachel! Nice to see your smiling face. So glad you are enjoying your self. We have been praying for you. We know you will have a wonderful time and learn so much and not to mention, you are sharing your wonderful self with these people - so many will be blessed because they get to meet you!
    Keep the posts coming!
    Love,
    Aunty Anita and Uncle Craig

    ReplyDelete