Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Summer in Malaysia

**note: I was too lazy to edit this. So i apologise if it doesnt make sense in places **

Hi Ya'll! IT's been a while :)
So i spent this past summer in malaysia staing with some close family friends. I am soooo greatful that they let me live with them, seeing as i was going to be a homeless hobo in Asia for 3 months.   I had a wonderful time there--very restful, which was nice after an insane 6 months. And I am sure the break will be nice for the intense 9 months coming up!
During my time in Malaysia I spent most of my time helping out/doing an Internship at USCI Child Development Center. Pretty much it is a Nursrey/daycare/kindergarten. I was an assistant teacher, so helped the kids wihth their work, took them to the washroom, cleaned up after them(yes, that includes poop,pee, and vomit), kept them quiet, helped teachers prepare for classes, making display board, etc... During that time i became pretty pro at making giant cardboard trains, making pom-poms, coloring, painting chinese characters, and using a paper cutter.  I really really enjoyed hte work, and the kids--although it was really tiring. I was working full days, but then because of transportationa nd what not, I would be out 12hrs everyday....

Besides work, it was really fun catching-up with old friends and hanging out.
Highlights from Malaysia (and meorable moments):
Titi ORganic Farm - If you are ever in KL visit this place!!! It is a bit of a bus ride, however it is totally worht it. The farm (also a resort place) is int he highlands, and the view is beautiful. We got a tour of hte farm (all organic!!....obviously) and got to have a delicious lunch. It was all organic, and healthy, and fresh, and just made me so happy. I loved getting out of hte city!! They also had really cute cats and puppies  :)

My Fair Lady -- we all watched this movie together. And it was definitly a highlight!! It was just fun to be all together, enjoying hte same movie. Lots of laughs (and confusion because of the accents!!).  "I'm a gud gurrl I am!"  ;)

Lingi during Hari Raya-  Farm, family, laughter, talking, durian.

Walks --I was living in a pretty safe neighbourhood, so I got to go on lots of walks and runs! It felt amazing to be running again!  I loved waking up early, grabbing some tea and my Bible, going for a walk, then stopping at a playground to have a quiet time. Because it was early, it would be nice and cool and the birds would be singing, and only nice old people would be out walking too. :)  It was a nice time to be alone with tea, my Bible, and God.

Morning Devotions -- twice a week a bunch of people from UCSI University get together int he morning for devotions. I enjoyed these :) Lunches-- me and a co-worker would go out exploring during our lunches. We found cheap fruit (!!!), a place that sold cheap clothes (got me some pants!), and i also tried some delicious malaysian cuisine (malaysia has the best food!.....EVER!!). Favourite dieshes : Chicken Rice, Nasi Lemak, Pan Mee, Fish Head Noodles, and some yummy wine soup that i don't know the name of.

Adventures: When i first arrived, i decided to go on an adventure! So i got a ride to USCI, took the bus to Taman Tasik Slatan station, then took trains to KLCC (the Twin Towers). I then just walked around, walked in the massiv park, read, etc...  it was fun! Me and Natasha also went on an adventure to Central Market together. That was lots of fun!! Althigh, i don't think i actually boust anything besides food. Lol

Dancing: my room was big enough to dance in. Score!

My brother-- i got to spend lots of time with my brother, becuse he was also there for the summer (1.5months). He is wonderful, and i enjoyed hangout with them. When we would have meals, it was hilarious because he eats like an old man (super slow), and i eat really fast. So it was alwys kinda awkward, but funny, because i would just sit there and watch him--teasing him the whole time.  haha. Sorry Jo.  =P

INDIA:  Oh my goodness! I finally went to India!!!! Success! I will write a seperate blog for that later. :)

FAmily Dinners: Anytime everyone was together was a highlight. Dinners were definitly entertaining!
--> I got bitten by a Stiped-Evil-little-furry-creatute-of-a-dog. It happened so fast, but pretty much i was running and a little thing ran out of the bushes, circled around me, and bit me.
--> I also tried to watch a scary movie (i don't know why....sometimes i don't understand myself..) but it failed. I spent the whole time with my head in the pillow...so i had no clue what was happening. So we turned it off. Lol. The music was scary enough for me!

Crafts: I did lots of craft-type things, and got to press lots of flowers and leaves. It made me happy :)

So ya!
I think that pretty much sums up Malaysia. We ate lots of food, visited lots of people, got stuck in lots of traffic jams, and walked alot!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see your beautiful face Miss Rachel. Glad your summer was restful and memorable. It was also wonderful that you got to hang out with that great bro of yours!
    We look forward to reading about your adventure in India and anything else you decide to share!!
    What have you been up to since summer? Love your photos too.
    May God continue blessing each breath you take!
    Much love,
    Aunty Anita and Uncle Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel~!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice selection of photos ;) except that one pic.. *sobs* haha! I feel so happy that I know almost all of the experiences you talked about!! XD Keep on doing your blogs! This is friggin awesome!!

    ReplyDelete